Skateboard with your Dog | Tips & Life Hacks
Before heading outside with you dog and trying to skateboard there are a few things you must do first.
- Check the Weather: If its hot in your area make sure to go early in the morning or late at night when the floor will be less likely to burn their paws.
- Start slowly! : Make sure to shorten your walks at first if you are skateboarding with your dog. It will take some time for them to build up their paws for the increased strain of pulling and higher speeds.
- Buy a padded harness and long lead
- Keep it simple: The most dangerous part of skateboarding with your dog is the board. If you fall it is crucial to kick the board backwards or stop it. If it hits you dogs legs it can cause bruising. If you are not a good skateboarder you should pad the ends of you board with foam and duck tape. Its not pretty but never risk hurting your dog!
- Where the proper gear for safety.
There are a few products specially made to re-hydrate your dogs paws we are in the process of testing. However, coconut oil works great in our experience. Apply at night before going to bed so it has time to soak in. Never apply it before going out on a warm to hot day.